Follow Friday is a feature created by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a fun blog hop where you meet other book bloggers and find people to follow.
Question: Activity: Who do you want to be? If you could choose any character from a book. What do you think the character looks like and what do you have in common?Okay the thing about being a character in a book is that BAD STUFF HAPPENS. They have hardships and death threats. While I like having fun, I also like not dying. There are lots of book worlds I would like to go to. Sure Hogwarts sounds great, minus that whole Voldemort trying to kill everyone thing.
People who it wouldn't suck to be
- Alexia Tarabotti - So she does have death threats. But Alexia is so analytical and curious that they never seem to bother her much. Also her hubby is one sexy piece of Scottish werewolf mancake that I wouldn't mind spending some time with. Plus I think it'd be fun to hang out in steampunk novel for awhile. I don't really have much in common with Alexia, except a love of books and a shared love her husband. That's enough right?
- Granuaile - I know you're thinking, isn't she just a secondary character in the Iron Druid series? (I've only read the first 3 so NO SPOILERS PLEASE). But Granuaile, aside from having a name I would hate learning to spell, has a lot of things going for her. For one, she gets to spend lots of time around our favorite sexy druid Atticus. For another, she's a super sexy redhead and I bet that'd be fun. Also, she's a druid in training which is probably pretty interesting. She works in a bar and I like bourbon. She likes mythology. Other than that...um...not much.
People who I rejected after thinking about it
- Alanna from the Lioness Quartet - I thought "I'd like to go learn to be a knight like Alanna" then I remembered how much work was involved and thought better of it. While being a lady knight might sound badass, everything Alanna went through to get there is more effort than I'm really willing to put forth. Me and Alanna are both feminists who like animals but I think she's more intense than I am.
- Deryn from the Leviathan trilogy - While I think I'd love riding around on an airship I think I'd make a terrible soldier. I just don't have the bravery that makes Deryn such a great character. I think me and Deryn could share a lot of jokes and laughter. We both like traveling and going new places. She's a loyal and trusthworthy friend, something I hope that I am. Out of all the characters, she'd probably be the one I'm closest to.
- Jacky Faber - Lots of fun, lots of flirts but too many near death experiences. Can I just have the flirting parts of her life? I like boys, traveling, adventures and stories. We'd actually probably get along quite well though her piratey ways would make me very nervous.